Also frequently drunk, the Rivaner (a breed derived from Riesling and Madelaine Royal, not, as mistakingly assumed, from Riesling x Sylvaner) is fruity with a pleasant bouquet. It is a very convivial wine which can easily be drunk as an aperitif or as an allrounder during a meal. In the restaurant this wine is often served in a pitcher.
Caves Krier Frères offers this wine in the following varieties:
· 75 cl Marque Nationale & Vin Classé
· 100 cl Marque Nationale & Vin Classé
(with bottle deposit)
AOC MOSELLE LUXEMBOURGEOISE:
Since 1935, the Luxembourg government has been controlling the quality of the wines produced in our Moselle Valley. First the wine producer has to make a formal request for each barrel he wishes to introduce. Then, after a lab analysis, the wine is tasted by a commission of 12 blindfolded members who evaluate the wine on a scale of 20 points.
· 12,0 – 13,9 points : AOC Marque Nationale
· 14,0 – 15,9 points : AOC MN – Vin Classé
· 16,0 – 17,9 points : AOC MN – Premier Cru
· 18,0 – 20,0 points : AOC MN – Grand Premier Cru
The official back label on the wine bottles is then a guarantee of the governmental quality control.
Rivaner may obtain the classifications “Marque Nationale” and “Vin Classé”.