This is one of the Luxembourg classics. With its dry taste and balanced acidity, this has always been an everyday wine that is mostly drunk by the glass at the numerous Luxembourgish cafes. It goes just as well with fried fish as with our many traditional cold meat specialties.
Caves Krier Frères offers this wine in the following varieties:
· 75 cl Marque Nationale & Vin Classé
· 100 cl Marque Nationale (with bottle deposit)
AOC MOSELLE LUXEMBOURGEOISE:
Since 1935, the Luxembourg government has been controlling the quality of the wines produced in our Moselle Valley. First the wine producer has to make a formal request for each barrel he wishes to introduce. Then, after a lab analysis, the wine is tasted by a commission of 12 blindfolded members who evaluate the wine on a scale of 20 points.
· 12,0 – 13,9 points : AOC Marque Nationale
· 14,0 – 15,9 points : AOC MN – Vin Classé
· 16,0 – 17,9 points : AOC MN – Premier Cru
· 18,0 – 20,0 points : AOC MN – Grand Premier Cru
The official back label on the wine bottles is then a guarantee of the governmental quality control.